Chapter on Designing for Signup from Joshua Porter’s book on Designing for Social Web is available here:
Step 1: Get a user interested
Difference between what we think of the user and what the user thinks:
1) What is this site about?
2) What does it do?
3) Is it worth my time?
4) Is it a valuable peice of software worth switching to?
5) Will I have to change what I currently do?
6) Does anybody I know use it? Do they like it?
Step 2: Get the user from being interested to sign up to your site
– First impression is the best impression, manage it very well. User may not return if his first experience is bad.
– At this point people have many questions in answering those you find the right opportunity.
– Use different strokes for different people
Different types of people who might visit your site:
– Ready to go person
– Interested but unsure
– Fact finders
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )